Weight Loss Program
We launched our Weight Loss service to help people suffering from excessive weight. Obesity negatively impacts physical and emotional well-being and is a public health crisis. Our approach includes a mix of education, coaching, and medication therapy. Many patients are safely losing weight with a combined approach of medication and weekly coaching on diet, exercise and behavioral modification.
At your first visit we will:
- Identify your goala around weight loss and overall well-being.
- Review past efforts and barriers that kept you from reaching sustaining an ideal body weight.
- Take a comprehensive medical history and physical, with a special emphasis on metabolic issues, a behavioral health history, and a social history.
- Calculate your body mass index (BMI) and body fat composition.
- Set monthly goals for weight loss
- Set daily goals for steps and other exercises.
- Identify one or two dietary modifications to try in the first month.
- Consider medication to help you lose weight. Liraglutide (Saxenda) is an effective weight loss medication when combined with diet and exercise.
- Agree to a plan for monitoring progress. Consider using a pedometer or smartphone to measure steps and calorie counts.
- Consider involving specialists, including dieticians, behavioral health specialists, addiction specialists, diabetes educators, and others.
Subsequent visits will be scheduled based on your needs and goals. Progress can be monitored using a combination of telemedicine and office visits.
Our primary objective is a long-term healthy weight. There are many short and long-term benefits of weight loss:
- Increased energy levels as the body’s cells become more metabolically active.
- Increased self-confidence, mood and sex life.
- Improved back and joint pain.
- Improved blood sugar and cholesterol reducing the risk of diabetes, stroke, and heart attack.
- Improved blood pressure reducing the risk of stroke and heart attack.
- Improved sleep and control of sleep apnea.
- Improved symptoms of depression and anxiety
See What Charter Health Can Do
At Charter Health, we offer a variety of services and treat multiple common conditions. Click below to view all services!