All you Need to Know
Anxiety, depression, and other mental illness are common, affecting about 1 of every 5 Americans. Unfortunately, over half of adults suffering from mental health issues are not receiving the help they need. In the adult population, approximately 50 million Americans have a mental illness but only about 20 million of them are regularly receiving care See more here.
Please reach out for help if you are struggling with symptoms with anxiety, depression, substance abuse, or other mental illness. The Charter Health team is here to help. We can see you in person in our office or by using telemedicine (phone or video). Please call us today at 978-354-4611.
What are the symptoms of anxiety?
- Worrying excessively
- Inability to redirect your thoughts when you’re stressed
- Shaking or trembling
- Sleep problems, including difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep
- Hyperventilation (very rapid breathing)
- Stomach pain or other gastrointestinal symptoms
Our approach to treating anxiety and other mental illness
The Charter Health team will meet with you regularly to monitor your progress towards our goal of you feeling well and keeping you safe. Our first visit will include an in-depth history so that we can begin to understand you as an individual human being. As we learn about you and your interests and preferences, we will start to develop a plan to improve your mental health and overall well-being. Visits can be either in-person or over the phone or video (telemedicine), depending on your needs and preferences.
The key components of a treatment plan consist of the following:
- Identifying the origins for your anxiety and any other mental illness you may have
- Identifying triggers that can make you feel worse
- Setting some goals to get better
- Talk therapy to provide emotional support as well as some practical solutions to problems.
- Medication therapy
- Treatment of other conditions such as substance abuse disorders, high blood pressure, diabetes, and other problems that make it more difficult to deal with depression
- Access to psychiatrists, psychologists, social workers, case managers, and recovery coaches
Charter Health has developed deep expertise in helping those with anxiety and other mental illness. We work closely with behavioral health specialists and oversee the medical care of patients hospitalized with mental illness. Many of these patients are then followed by the Charter Health team upon discharge from the hospital.
Call us today, 978-354-4611, to schedule an appointment with a care team here to help you.
Connect With Us
Get in Touch
55 Highland Hall, Suite 304, Salem, MA 01970